HANWAG Alta Bunion GTX
The Hanwag Alta Bunion GTX® is a classic lightweight leather hiking boot which has been specially designed for people who have bunions (hallux valgus).
Extra space has been provided for the big-toe joint, reducing pressure on this area.
The soft leather lining and lack of seams around the bunion area reduces irritation and ensures you are more comfortable during easier trekking trips.
Our award-winning Specialist Boot Fitting Service can help you to discover if the Hanwag Alta Bunion GTX is the right boot for you. We remove the guesswork from buying walking boots or shoes – we help you to choose footwear that is the right size, width, volume & shape for your feet. Wearing the right footwear means you can enjoy walking even more, no more worrying about your feet!
We can also customise the Hanwag Alta Bunion boots to personalise the shape of the boot to match more closely to your feet. This is particularly beneficial for people who suffer from bunions as we can provide even more space around the big toe joint to alleviate pressure on this part of the foot if needed. The boots are gently steamed and stretched whilst you wait in store – it only takes ten minutes.
- Deep pull lacing for a firm fit at the heel
- Leather reinforcing heel tension element
- Clamping lace hooks on top section of uppers for precise and rapid lacing
- Extra soft leather at instep beneath the lacing for optimal flex without pressure points
- Flex zone at heel
- Flexible lacing rings attached via fabric loops
- Padded cuff in soft leather
- Shock Absorb: additional shock absorber in the heel
- Upper: waxed nubuck
- Sole: Vibram® Endurance. Easy to resole.
- Sole Features: Good cushioning, good traction on softer ground (forests, grass etc.), very good flex, full-length cushioning
- Lining: GORE-TEX® laminate -Durable, waterproof and breathable
- Made in Europe
- Weight in g (shoe size 7-7.5): 670